Error creating PDF - Access is denied

Post here any questions/suggestions you have about novaPDF SDK or novaPDF OEM.
stevecomber

Error creating PDF - Access is denied

Post by stevecomber »

Hi All,

I've just completed my installer and have found an odd issue when testing it on Windows 7 client machines.

NovaPDF installs perfectly and everything works as it should with my application - but when it comes to generating a PDF to send into my application, an error is displayed saying that access is denied.

My application resides in C:\Program Files\<CompanyName>\Virtual Printer and it appears as though NovaPDF does not have write access to this location by default in order to write the PDF. I can get around this issue by giving the local users group write access but there must be a better way of doing this?

Which user does NovaPDF run as? I thought it would be SYSTEM but this error makes me think that it runs as a local user.

For reference, I'm using a registered version of NovaPDF OEM v7.5.

Many thanks,

Steve

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: Error creating PDF - Access is denied

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi, when installing novaPDF OEM you have to provide the folder where to save the PDF files. Did you provide the same folder as the installation folder?
novaPDF works in two ways, depending on how you configured the "Save destination" option to be local or on the network, it saves the PDf file from the user or system contexts.
Please send us on [email protected] more information: the command line you are using to install novaPDF OEM (or the parameters you gave during setup wizard) and novaPDFprofiles setting if you change them (you may export the profile from the Profiles page).

Thank you.
Follow us to stay updated:

stevecomber

Re: Error creating PDF - Access is denied

Post by stevecomber »

I've emailed the required details as requested.