Path to save PDF files is not specified

Post here any questions/suggestions you have about novaPDF SDK or novaPDF OEM.
stevecomber

Path to save PDF files is not specified

Post by stevecomber »

Hi NovaPDF Guru's!

I'm calling novapv.exe with all of the following parameters from within my application's MSI:

/VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NOCANCEL /NORESTART /NOICONS /OEMApplication="Virtual Printer" /OEMCompany="Company Name" /OEMSaveFolder="C:\Program Files\Virtual Printer" /OEMSaveFile= /OEMSaveConflict=3 /OEMActionApp="C:\Program Files\Virtual Printer\App.exe" /PrinterName="Printer Name".

The installation appears to work fine and the printer gets created ok but when I try to generate a PDF using the printer, I get a message saying that the path to save PDF files is not specified.

However, if I run novapv.exe manually from the command line with exactly the same parameters, it works perfectly!

Please can you explain why this is happening as I need to package novapv.exe into my application's MSI and install it using the /VERYSILENT parameter?

Many thanks,

Steve

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: Path to save PDF files is not specified

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi, please make sure you are running the MSI as an administrator on the computer.
If you have further issues with this send us the post to our support team at [email protected]
Thank you.
Follow us to stay updated:

stevecomber

Re: Path to save PDF files is not specified

Post by stevecomber »

Thanks for the confirmation.

I've since got around this issue by adding a new module to my MSI that shells novapv.exe and passes the required parameters as arguments.

Regards,

Steve