Need a migration tool to move NovaPDF to another server

Tell us what you think about novaPDF and what would make it even better.
mike5719

Need a migration tool to move NovaPDF to another server

Postby mike5719 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:30 pm

I about 150 NovaPDF print queues on a server, each of which have unique profiles because they each print critical reports that output the pdf to a different file share path.
I need to migrate/copy all the NovaPDF print queues to several other servers to act as a backup server.
Microsoft's printmig.exe tool can recreate all the queues, but does not retain the profiles at all.
It takes a day to re-import all of the exported profiles to each print queue.
A migration tool to export/import all the NovaPDF printers would be Great.

Thank You

Support

Re: Need a migration tool to move NovaPDF to another server

Postby Support » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:42 am

Hello,

Unfortunately we do not have such as tool available for migrations.

However a quicker way to copy over the profiles would be to manually access the path where they are stored namely C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64\3\novaPDF Pro Server v7.nvp for example in windows 7 and select all the .nvp files in that path (these are the novaPDF profiles for all the printers installed) and copy over the profile files onto the new locations. This way the profiles will be available for use immediately on the new servers where they are copied over. Please keep in mind that the printer names should be exactly the same on all the servers where they are installed otherwise the profiles will need to be imported manually.

Thank you.

mike5719

Re: Need a migration tool to move NovaPDF to another server

Postby mike5719 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:21 pm

Hi,
Your suggestion worked.
One problem I had was that the nvp files had the previous servername in the filename.
I had to use a utility to bulk rename all the nvp files to change the servername to match that of the new server.
Thanks for the help.

Return to “Feedback & Wishlist”