Cancel print is generating an error on PrinService event log

Have questions about novaPDF (desktop or server), or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
lcravopt

Cancel print is generating an error on PrinService event log

Post by lcravopt »

Hi,

I'm testing an application (winforms C# .net) and I'm using NovaPdf Lite Server 7.6 as the default printer.

I noticed that every time I cancel a print (on the NovaPDF Lite Server window) I get an error message in the PrintService event log. And also, probably, because of that I'm getting an error message on my application.

This does not happen if I use Microsoft XPS as my default printer.

Is there a way to avoid the error from being posted to the PrintService event log?

Thank you,
Luis

administrator
Site Admin

Re: Cancel print is generating an error on PrinService event

Post by administrator »

Hi Luis,
Would it be possible to email us at [email protected] regarding this issue? It might be that we need more details about your application so it's best to discuss this over email. Thank you.

lcravopt

Post by lcravopt »

After some troubleshooting, I figure out that if I configure NovaPDF to only start printing after the last page as being spooled, the error message is not shown by my application. So despite the error is still showing up in the event log of the printing service, my application is not showing any error message.

It seems to me that when I canceling the printing (NovaPDF window) my application was still “owner” of the printing job and as normally a real printer as a printing queue this kind of things does not happens.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Thank you for posting the solution here, in case someone else experiences this problem.