Computer not saving settings

Have questions about novaPDF (desktop or server), or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
bullchicken

Computer not saving settings

Post by bullchicken »

Hi,
We have novaPDF Professional (7.1 build 340) set up on one of our servers and I set it up on a new computer. The problem is when I set it up on a new computer (licensed) the printer will not save the settings.
The computer is running XP and when I go to Printers & Faxes and go to set the default settings (getting it to automatically save a pdf) and click OK it doesn't save them. If I open the settings again they have all reset to the defaults. I even tried creating a new profile within there but when I click OK and open it again, the new profile had disappeared too.

I tried reinstalling the printer, deleting the drivers and reinstalling, installing the printer to the local admin, changing the permissions to give the user full access to the printer.
I tried to save settings for another printer on the computer and that saved them with no problems.

Anyone have any ideas? I can save the settings on other winXP machines here without issue.

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: Computer not saving settings

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello, Please delete the file of the form <printer name>.nvl from the folder C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Softland\novaPDF or the Windows XP specific path for this folder and try to install the printer again. If this is still not working then please update to the latest novaPDF version available from our website.

Thank you.
Follow us to stay updated:

bullchicken

Post by bullchicken »

Hi,
I tried what you suggested and it didn't fix it. I even copied the same file from another computer that had the same settings and overwrote the one in the %appdata% directory but when I opened the printer settings it overwrote it again with its own default settings.

I will try updating the drivers and see if that fixes it.

[EDIT] Updating drivers didn't seem to fix it

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello, did you install the latest version of novaPDF on both the server and the client computer?

Also please send us a screenshot with the novaPDF About page from both machines (server and client) to our support email at [email protected] so we can check for any issues.

Thank you.
Follow us to stay updated: