Email message has doubled line breaks

Have questions about novaPDF (desktop or server), or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
Mercury

Email message has doubled line breaks

Post by Mercury »

Today I installed novaPDF Professional Desktop 7.2 Build 344. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. My default email client is Thunderbird 3.1.2.

I'm having trouble with the email feature. I've selected "Open default email client". When I click Configure Email and fill in the Content field (either by typing or copy-pasting from my email client), the text looks correct in the dialog box, but when I print, the resulting email message has each line break doubled:

Code: Select all

this
text
becomes

this

text
Also, the next time I go into the Configure Email dialog, all the line breaks in the Content field are removed, so it looks like this:

thistext
In spite of this, even if I hit OK when it is in this state, the next print will still generate an email message with doubled line breaks. Is there a way to correct this so line breaks display properly, both in the dialog box and in the resulting email message? This is the only thing holding me back from using the program for sending my invoices.

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: Email message has doubled line breaks

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,

Please export the active profile you are using with novaPDF when you try to do as described in the post and send it to us at [email protected] so we can troubleshoot this further.

For a tutorial on how to export the profile please access http://www.novapdf.com/en/help/export_profiles.html

Thank you.
Follow us to stay updated:

Mercury

Post by Mercury »

I followed this up with support and installed the latest build when it came out. Now, rather than the line breaks being doubled, double line breaks are compressed into a single line break.

If I enter this in the Content field of the Configure Email dialog:

this

text
...it is changed to the following after I completely close the dialog (pressing OK) and return to it:

this
text
And, it also is presented that way in the email message if I print using these settings.

Is there a way to get NovaPDF to accurately preserve line breaks, whether there are one or two?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,

We are checking this and we will update you as soon as possible.

Thank you.
Follow us to stay updated: