Not Saving PayPal As Words

Have questions about novaPDF (desktop or server), or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
choonee

Not Saving PayPal As Words

Post by choonee »

I got NovaPDF to PDF sales pages on PayPal as my accountant wanted me to keep a record. For a while NovaPDF was saving the page with the words individualy so I could highlight them or search windows for words which was what I wanted. However recently it has been saving the page (and text) like an Image. How do I sort this?

Lorant (Softland)

Re: Not Saving PayPal As Words

Post by Lorant (Softland) »

novaPDF converts text as selectable text if the original document stores it as text. However, if the original document stores that text as an image, it will convert it into an image so the text won't be selectable. This means that maybe Paypal updated that section and now shows it as an image. If you right-click on that section in Paypal, is there a "Save picture as..." option, as that would mean it's really an image.

Grant Botes

Post by Grant Botes »

Yes, I am experiencing a similar issue. Any page I print from Chrome becomes an image. Fortunately, Chrome's built-in Print function has a "Save as PDF" option, so this is not a major issue. ANd printing from MS Word and Excel seems to work flawlessly. I haven't tested any other web browsers.

Lorant (Softland)

Post by Lorant (Softland) »

Chrome does that, it sends the page as an image to the printer, so unfortunately there's nothing we can do. You can try printing the page from Firefox or IE to have selectable text.