Automatically Uninstalling NovaPK

Post here any questions/suggestions you have about novaPDF SDK or novaPDF OEM.
KenRandall

Automatically Uninstalling NovaPK

Post by KenRandall »

Hi,

I am using version 7.5 with Delphi. When my aplication runs I detect if the currently installed version is not the latest and if it is not I do the following:

PDFPrinterInstalled:=ExecuteAndWait('novapk.EXE','/COMPANYNAME="Pair Softwhere LLP" '+
'/APPLICATIONNAME="Estate Agent Pro" /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NOCANCEL /NORESTART '+
'/PrinterName="EAP PDF Printer" /NOICONS /RegisterWin32COM /InstallOnlyNewerVer',PathGetTempPath);

This however is not uninstalling previous version. Surely this should be automatic?

Ken

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: Automatically Uninstalling NovaPK

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello, novaPDF does not automatically uninstall when you run the setup for the new version. novaPDF may be installed without uninstalling previous version, but a restart is necessary to load the new printer driver. If you wish to unistall first, you have to start the unistaller, unins000.exe, from previous installation folder. But even if you uninstall first, you might need to restart the computer to load the new printer driver, if the driver files were loaded and use by other application.

Thank you.
Follow us to stay updated:

KenRandall

Post by KenRandall »

It seems that this would be a very good enhancement to have!

Can I assume that the uninstall will always be in a directory derived from the mavor version number?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello, the uninstall is always placed in the folder where novaPDF was installed, and in the registry, the key is placed in the following path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Softland\novaPDF 7\InstallPath

Thank you.
Follow us to stay updated: