NovaPDF OEM tool kit sample code for PowerBuilder 10.5

Post here any questions/suggestions you have about novaPDF SDK or novaPDF OEM.
pnb_bhat

NovaPDF OEM tool kit sample code for PowerBuilder 10.5

Post by pnb_bhat »

Hi

We want to test NovaPDF OEM for our PowerBuilder 10.5 written application and post that planing purchase. Please mail Sample code for the same

Narayana

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: NovaPDF OEM tool kit sample code for PowerBuilder 10.5

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

These are the options regarding development with the novaPDF application: http://www.novapdf.com/en/pdf-toolkit.html
Based on the upper article you can choose which of the version suits your needs best.
The version that is containing samples of various programming languages is the novaPDF SDK. We do not have a specific code that will work on Powerbuilder however you can take as guidance one of the already posted code samples and adapt it for your application.

Thank you.
Follow us to stay updated:

EddySoeparmin

Post by EddySoeparmin »

I have the need to that in our PowerBuilder 12.5 application. I have used C# Hello World example as my guide line. But unfortunately PowerBuilder crashed when calling several CopyProfile(), CopyProfile2(), DeleteProfile(), DeleteProfile2(). My other problem is that I can't create a new PDF and merged it with other through the active profile. Maybe I just don't know how to do it. Perhaps someone can share some knowledge here.

For example, create a new first.pdf and save it in the network folder networkFolder1. Then grab second.pdf or second.jpg from a different network folder (networkFolder2) and merge it with first.pdf and store it in a different network folder (networkFolder3).

How do I do that??

We're using Windows 7 both 32 and 64 bits.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello, All methods from NovaPdfOptions interface raise exceptions when they cannot do the task successfully. It would be helpful to catch the exception and see the error number (there is a list of all possible errors in the Globals.cs file).

For the CopyProfile and DeleteProfile I suspect the problem is that the profile cannot be copied / deleted because of the private/public flags. If you pass “1” for the public profile flag in CopyProfile, it will look for a public profile with the specified name, and if that active profile is private, it will not find it and raise an exception. You may also check if the current active profile is a public one before copying it, or you can always create a new profile.

novaPDF does not merge two existing PDF files, it cannot only append the PDF file that it generates to an existing one. What it does is open the existing document and append to it the new pages. So the existing PDF file is modified, you cannot configure to put the result in a different folder. To accomplish the task, you should copy first the existing document to the folder where you wish to have the merged one, than configure novaPDF to save and append the PDF there.

Thank you.
Follow us to stay updated: