Printing to real printer.

Post here any questions/suggestions you have about novaPDF SDK or novaPDF OEM.
AlanOfOhio

Printing to real printer.

Post by AlanOfOhio »

Maybe this is a stupid question.. but..
How can I send the pdf file that I created using novaSDK to a real paper printer?
We were using a really old free Adobe Reader 5.0 DDE interface, but now the Reader complains that the PDF file has "information that might not display correctly" in a dialog box every time we view or print the nova PDF file. There's check box on the dialog box that seems to indicate "Do not show this message again." type of selection, but that settings only applies to the current running instance. So, we get the dialog every time.

I'm looking for a solution that does not require the full Acrobat product to be installed. Maybe some other OCX product?

Ghost Script is AFPL, which means we can not use in our commercial product. I think we can not use the GPL version either.

Thanks.

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: Printing to real printer.

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,

To print the PDF document to a real printer you may call a PDF viewer with command line parameters for print. Adobe Reader for instance should be called like this:

AcroRd32.exe /t <PDF file name>

If you wish to print the document to the real printer at the moment the PDF is generated, you may add an after save action in novaPDF options like this:

Run application:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe

Parameters:
/t %1

Where novaPDF will replace the %1 parameter with the PDF file name that was generated.

Also, if you wish to open the PDF with Adobe Reader 5 you may setup the PDF version to 1.4 in novaPDF profile options.
Follow us to stay updated:

AlanOfOhio

Re: Printing to real printer.

Post by AlanOfOhio »

Thanks. These answers are very helpful. Is there a list of further %# items for the application feature. I looked in the help file but perhaps not closely enough to find the information.

AlanOfOhio