Add-in missing

Have questions about novaPDF (desktop or server), or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
ouriço

Add-in missing

Post by ouriço »

office 2010 64 bit installed on windows 7 home edition 64 bits and can´t get the add-in to work (doesn´t appear on toolbar) on Word.

any help?

thanks

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: Add-in missing

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,

We have tested this situation and the addon is successfully added in the Office interface and functional. However we did have a case where the Office 2010 disabled the addon when it was installed with novaPDF. So please check in the MS Office settings on the addons area if the novaPDF addon is disabled. If it is not and you have reinstalled novaPDF with the same issue, let us know and we will investigate it further.
Follow us to stay updated:

ouriço

Post by ouriço »

installed and reinstalled and still not working.

tried to manualy activate the addin but it says its not an valid office addin.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi,

Please send a screenshot with what you are getting when you try to enable the addon to our support team at [email protected] so we can have a look. Thank you.
Follow us to stay updated:

ouriço

Post by ouriço »

solved the problem by unistalling office 64 bits and installed office 32 bits.

avbohemen

Post by avbohemen »

This is not a solution for me. I just upgraded from Office 2010 32-bit to Office 2013 64-bit, and now the novapdf add-in does not load anymore (says "Not loaded. Runtime error while loading addin" in COM-addin manager in Office). I'm using novapdf professional desktop 7.7.394, which was released today.

Can you confirm that this add-in only works for 32-bit office? Are there any plans for releasing a 64-bit add-in? 64-bit office has now been available for 4 years, it would be nice for Novapdf to support it.

illo

Post by illo »

I have exactly the same problem: the novaPDF tab/ribbon does not install correctly using Office 2007 with 64-bit Windows 7. Adobe Acrobat fails in a very similar way, however ABBYY Fine Reader installs correctly, so it is possible to make this work.

So far I have not been able to successfully edit the Office add-ins. My system wants the senior administrator to change these settings, but if I log in as the senior administrator then it shows me different add-ins, so there is nothing to change.

Also, I have a separate problem with very long URLs, spanning two lines. novaPDF only recognise the first line.

illo

Post by illo »

Further update: I find that by by logging in once as Administrator after a hard reset, I can get the whole thing working, and it then works properly for all users, including the long URLs. So - no problems after all.

Adobe Acrobat is still bust, however, so novaPDF is ahead of the competition!

Lorant (Softland)

Post by Lorant (Softland) »

Thank you for letting us know about this, surely this is the part we like best:
Adobe Acrobat is still bust, however, so novaPDF is ahead of the competition!