Can the SDK print to multiple files?

Have questions about novaPDF (desktop or server), or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
Richard

Can the SDK print to multiple files?

Post by Richard »

I have an existing system using a PDF printer driver similar to Nova. Writing multiple pages to several PDF files is inefficient because I have to wait for the file to be output before queueing another page so that the documents get written to the correct filename. When I print Page A I have to wait until A.PDF had been printed before setting the next filename, B.PDF, and sending a Print message to Page B to print and so on.

Is it possible to use the Nova SDK to spool A.PDF, B.PDF... to the printer with no wait and have all the documents named correctly when they are printed? This would simplify my code and should make some gains in throughput.

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: Can the SDK print to multiple files?

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,

Yes, this is possible with novaPDF, if you use the "Create temporary profile for each printing job" option from novaPDF profile settings. If this option is selected, each printing job will keep its own set of settings (including the file name for the PDF file). What you have to do then is set the file name, print a page, set another file, print next page. You do not have to wait for the print job to be finished, but the print job has to be started at the printer, added in the printer queue, before modifying the file name for the next page.

Thank you.
Follow us to stay updated: