CMYK

Have questions about novaPDF (desktop or server), or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
MikeW

CMYK

Post by MikeW »

I am having an issue with CMYK values getting changed when printed to the novaPDF Pro driver.

For instance, a simple box on a page set to be C=100, M=70, Y=0, K=4 turns into C=93, M=65, Y=2, K=0 when printed to the novaPDF driver, but not to another PDF driver (stays at chosen cmyk values).

I am hoping I simply need to alter something in the profile--but I have tried several combinations.

Thank you, Mike

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: CMYK

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,

novaPDF printer driver does not support CMYK colors, it works only with RGB. If you print with CMYK colors, they will be transformed to RGB by Windows GDI before they are sent to the printer driver.

Thank you.
Follow us to stay updated:

MikeW

Post by MikeW »

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. Will cmyk support be added in the future?

Take care, Mike

Claudiu (Softland)

Hello,

Unfortunately for the moment we are not planning on implementing the CMYK support for the novaPDF converter.

Thank you.

PMH

Post by PMH »

Hi...

Just some feedback, we have just found out about this CMYK issue today (hence why I am here)...because our commercial printer contacted us to request that we convert the file to CMYK so they can print. We have a pro version of Nova and was just a little upset we couldn't do this easily. Having surfed around it appears to be a common problem. Our PDF is over 58 pages...I now have someone in my photography department spliting the PDF and coverting each page individually in photoshop. There may be a quicker way but we do not have the time to find and install and it's an important and urgent print job.

Wish you would re-consider the option the create the file as either a CMYK or RGB file... we have a pro version of Nova that can't be used with a pro commercial printer because the format is not what they require. Other than that the product is great and has saved us no end of time in producing great PDF's just now we have to consider how we produce files for our external printers.

Regards

Paul

Claudiu (Softland)

Hello,

We will take this option into consideration for future development however i am afraid we cannot give you an ETA on what version it will be included for sure in the novaPDF application as we other priorities on development at the moment.

Thank you for understanding.