Error when creating PDF

Have questions about novaPDF (desktop or server), or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
bantu

Error when creating PDF

Post by bantu »

Hi I downloaded PDF SDK and generated sample pdf works fine.
Than I downloaded novaPDF Professional (Server) and installed on Dev server to show demo to my Manager so they can buy a product. Butn when I installed nova PDF Professional (Server) on Dev server and deploy the sample code (Got it from PDF SDK) to Dev server and runing it won't work. I am getting below error.

+ ex {"Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {0FAB2D9D-DC57-4C4F-939C-38C5382D71BA} failed due to the following error: 80040154."} System.Exception {System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException}

Please help me to resolve this issue. Thanks

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: Error when creating PDF

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,

As replied on your support e-mail, novaPDF SDK version 7 works only with the printer provided with the SDK. It will not work with any other editions of novaPDF printer, including the novaPDF Professional Server edition.

Please use the printer we provide with the SDK. The setup is located in the Installer folder in the novaPDF SDK installation folder (novapk.exe). It will install a novaPDF printer that has all functionality of a Professional Server edition. But the printer cannot be licensed separately, you need a novaPDF SDK license to use the SDK.

Thank you.
Follow us to stay updated:

mirojanosik

Re: Error when creating PDF

Post by mirojanosik »

Only for information if someone searches for similair error:
The same error occurs if you have a correct version and type of the printer but install the NovaPDF printer with switch /RegisterWin32COM as a Win32 version of the COM and your application is looking for the x64 version of the COM. Solution is to install the printer without this switch.