GoogleAnalytics.exe

Have questions about novaPDF (desktop or server), or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
JosSchaars

GoogleAnalytics.exe

Post by JosSchaars »

Why is C:\program files\softland\novapdf 10\driver\GoogleAnalytics.exe scheduled to run daily?
I can remove it?

Lorant (Softland)

Re: GoogleAnalytics.exe

Post by Lorant (Softland) »

That scheduled task sends anonymous usage statistics once a day. If you want you can disable it by starting the Getting Started window and then going to the Tools section - you'll see there at the bottom an option to disable statistics.

habjan

Post by habjan »

We've noticed that as well by going through the installation log and that's not good especially when you install it on bank machines. Banks are strict about this and don't allow that kind of software.

QTExecCreateTelemeScheduledTask.E6DEE9C5_0FBA_4E77_B7C2_AF3E003773DC = "schtasks.exe" /CREATE /SC DAILY /F /TN "novaPDF 10 Telemetry" /ST 20:42:12 /TR "\"C:\Program Files\Softland\novaPDF 10\Driver\GoogleAnalytics.exe\" /oem=nPdf10_Softland" /RU "DESKTOP-J25JGGL\....."

Can you please tell me how to disable this on installation level?

Is there any switch/param that we can pass into msi created by using OEM co-branding tool?

The only solution we have for now is to programmatically disable the task and delete the exe, but that's just a temporary fix..

Cheers,
Josip

Haskol

Post by Haskol »

Hi, The activation key for NovaPDF isn't working or says too many computers are used to activate it. Please send me a new key. Thanks Mr Farah

Lorant (Softland)

Post by Lorant (Softland) »

If it says there are too many activations it means you are using it on more computers than the number of licenses you have purchased. So you have to either buy more licenses or deactivate from the existing computers.