Group Specific Profiles

Have questions about novaPDF (desktop or server), or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
mar21995

Group Specific Profiles

Post by mar21995 »

Is there a way to create "sets" of profiles and only give visibility to specific profiles to specific users? I am using the Pro Server7.6 edition. I have different departments that want to do different things, for example I want to create profiles 1, 2, & 3 for the transportation department and profiles 4, 5, & 6 for the accounting department. I only want transportation to be able to use/see 1, 2, & 3 and accounting to use/see 4, 5, & 6. Is that possible?

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: Group Specific Profiles

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

This is not possible with a single novaPDF printer, all public profiles defined for a printer are visible for all users that connect to the printer. But it is possible to add several novaPDF printers, configure separate profiles for each of them, and connect to different novaPDF printers from each department.

To install multiple novaPDF printers you have to run the setup once for each printer and provide an unique printer name during the setup wizard.
Follow us to stay updated: