No default email client

Have questions about novaPDF (desktop or server), or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
merlinbs

No default email client

Post by merlinbs »

I am using Windows 7 (X64) and Office 2010. When setting Novapdf (Server) to "Send E-mail" and "open default e-mail client" I get an error "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfil the messaging request. Outlook is set as the default email client and other software can connect to Outlook and send email.

Lorant (Softland)

Re: No default email client

Post by Lorant (Softland) »

This is strange, can you please export your profile from where you received that error and email that to us at [email protected]?

merlinbs

Post by merlinbs »

I have been trying to fix this myself. It is not only NovaPDF that has this problem but Acrobat as well.
I found a number of articles realting to a damaged "Mail client" registry key but repairing this did not fix the problem. Eventually I found that I could send directly (if I did not open the e-mail) or I could open end edit the e-mail if Outlook was closed but not if it was open. I still get ther Message "No default e-mail client" but the e-mail does open in Outllook. It is annoying that I have to close Outlook first, or send the e-mail directly without being able to review it. The error message seems like it is misleading and the problem seems related to opening an e-mail in edit mode whilst Outlook is already open.

Lorant (Softland)

Post by Lorant (Softland) »

It seems to be a problem with Outlook, have you tried re-installing it? Or maybe just do a repair and see if it still happens (and i assume it's up to date with the latest SP)?