Nova installer making printer the default on Win7

Have questions about novaPDF (desktop or server), or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
vjmasin

Nova installer making printer the default on Win7

Post by vjmasin »

When running the following command line to install the Nova printer on Win7 (both 32 and 64 bit), even though I do NOT use the /default option, it still makes 'My Printer' the default. It does not do this on Windows XP where it works correctly.
I am using version 6.4 build 308

Novapk.exe /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NOCANCEL /PrinterName="My Printer" /RegisterWin32COM /ApplicationName="MyApp" /NoInstallIfVersion= 6.4.308

Is this a known problem? Is there a fix?
thank you

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: Nova installer making printer the default on Win7

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello, we tried to install the novaPDF 6.4.308 printer version using your described scenario on both win 7 32 and 64 bit editions but the printer is not added as default in either OS'es when installed using the command line specified. The only test case where it is added as default is when there isn't any other printer driver added in the system as Windows probably adds it by itself.

Thank you.
Follow us to stay updated:

vjmasin

Post by vjmasin »

Hi, I'm attaching a link to a video showing it happening. Note in this video that the original default printer (Send To OneNote 2010) is not a working printer. That is, if I try to print to it I get an error. If I make another printer that is working the default then when I install the nova printer it does not switch.
http://screencast.com/t/WZRfwXPT3JX

Thanks, Valerie

vjmasin

Post by vjmasin »

Another thing I discovered. If, before installing the Nova printer, I manually selected a different default printer and then switched back to my original and then did the Nova install, the default printer did NOT change! So it would seem that the fact that that printer driver is not configured does not play into this.