novapk.exe for NovaPdf 10

Have questions about novaPDF (desktop or server), or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
cleverFish

novapk.exe for NovaPdf 10

Post by cleverFish »

Hi,
My application is packaging novapk.exe as a part. we are upgrading to nova PDF 10. where can I find the novapk.exe version 10. I have downloaded all the packages available on the website. could you please let me know, where can i find the same?

Lorant (Softland)

Re: novapk.exe for NovaPdf 10

Post by Lorant (Softland) »

In version 10 of novaPDF the installation is done with msi files. You have to run the “novaPDF SDK Co-Branding” tool that will inject in the msi files the license and all parameters that you previously added in version 7 as command line parameters for installer. So please run this tool, you can run it also for trial if you do not have a license yet, just to see how it works. Provide there the printer name, application name and other information and the tool will generate your msi files.

On Windows 32 bit install, in this order:
- novaPDF10PrinterDriver(x86).msi
- novaPDF10COM(x86).msi
- novaPDF10SDK(x86).msi

On Windows 64 bit install, in this order:
- novaPDF10PrinterDriver(x64).msi
- novaPDF10COM(x64).msi
- novaPDF10COM(x86).msi
- novaPDF10SDK(x64).msi

There is also a sample installed by novaPDF SDK that combines the msi files in a bundle package that generates an exe installer. The sample uses WIX Toolset http://wixtoolset.org/

You can find the sample here:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\novaPDF 10\SDK\Samples\SDKBundle

So instead of running the msi files you can run the exe generated with the package bundle. This exe will select the correct 32 or 64 bit version of the msi depending on Windows version.

For uninstall, just take care to uninstall the msi files in the reverse order, first the SDK msi and in the end the COM and printer driver msi. Also you have to know that the COM and the driver msi will not uninstall if there are other editions of novaPDF installed on the computer. This is the reason why setup is splitted in multiple mis files:
- The printer driver and the com msi have a single installation on a computer; a second run of the msi, if the same version will simply exit, if a greater version will perform an upgrade
- There can be multiple SDK msi installed, for different editions/ SDK licenses of novaPDF, which will all use the driver and com; only when all these sdk msi are uninstalled you can uninstall the com and driver.

This is also the case of your development computer where novaPDF SDK Developer is installed: the COM and driver msi are already installed there, you only need to run the SDK msi to add your licensed printer.

Please also read the Integration chapter from novaPDF SDK Help file.