Preventing Outlook pop-up message

Have questions about novaPDF (desktop or server), or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
stevek

Preventing Outlook pop-up message

Post by stevek »

We are using registered novaPDF 7.7 embedded within our application. The app needs to build multiple emails with PDF attachments which all works really well - so easy with novaPDF compared to other PDF writers.

Our App allows each user to choose between sending emails via SMTP or default email client (typically MS Outlook) via the novaPDF email send function.

As SMTP appears to be no longer installed by default in Windows 7 onwards, users would need to rely on the MS Outlook option.
Unfortunately Outlook has this annoying habit of presenting a pop-message to ask the user to allow/deny the email send. We have disabled the Look up Addresses in the profile but I suspect Outlook still presents the message with the sending of the email.

Hence, while out app is trying to send multiple email files automatically, the user still has to manually respond to each Outlook pop-up which kind of defeats the automation. Our customers are typically using MS Exchange.

I am aware of the Express ClickYes add-in to defeat this, but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to defeat this annoying popup in Outlook correctly or is there a better alternative without having to purchase an SMTP client.

Lorant (Softland)

Re: Preventing Outlook pop-up message

Post by Lorant (Softland) »

Hi stevek, you've received our reply to your email request too (via email), but we're replying to the forum request also in case there are other similar problems for other users:
This message cannot be disabled from our code. It is part of Microsoft Outlook security and cannot be disabled from an Outlook option either. You may consider using another email program instead of Outlook for automating the email sending option if setting up an SMTP client is more difficult.
Also, you can review the resolutions provided by Microsoft in the next article, as they offer suggestions about the antivirus used or trust center options: office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/i-get-warnings-about-a-program-accessing-e-mail-address-information-or-sending-e-mail-on-my-behalf-HA001229943.aspx