Problem in Bookmarks

Have questions about novaPDF (desktop or server), or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
louisesselen

Problem in Bookmarks

Post by louisesselen »

Hi Guys,

I have a problem once the pdf is created and I look in bookmarks.

The chapters of my book show the dotted lines and the page number from my table of contents

What can I do so that the dotted lines and the page numbers do not show up shown in bookmarks of the PDF doc?

I only want the chapter headings to show.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Louis

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: Problem in Bookmarks

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello, please access the novaPDF add-in Settings and at the Bookmarks tab, uncheck Convert Word Bookmarks to PDF bookmarks and give it another go.

If you still have the issue afterwards then send us the file in question or another sample file having the same issue so we can make some tests from our end.

Thank you.
Follow us to stay updated:

Shaqir22

Post by Shaqir22 »

Maybe I have a misconception here.

While writing my document I have created a lot of bookmarks ("Insert / Bookmark..."). They work fine with the Writer Navigator (in spite of Navigator don't letting me arrange them in another order than alphabetical, but this is another issue). But when I export the document to .PDF format (and I mark in "PDF Options" dialog the "General /Export bookmarks" checkbox) my bookmarks are not saved into the .PDF file.

The Writer Help Tips about the "Export bookmarks" checkbox says: "Selects to export Impress slide transition effects to respective PDF effects", so this adds to my confusion. Aren't the same the "bookmarks" that you insert in Writer than the PDF bookmarks?

I'm using OOo 2.2 in Windows 98SE...

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello, we tried to replicate your issue but all the bookmarks created in Open Office Writer are included in the PDF document as well when the writer file is converted with novaPDF. The bookmarks setup should be the same for both files.

We recommend you install novaPDF on your computer, enable the bookmark detection feature, setup the fonts in the Bookmarks tab to match the fonts from the Writer document bookmarks exactly and do some tests afterwards as you should not have any issues.

Thank you.
Follow us to stay updated: