Sample code problems.

Post here any questions/suggestions you have about novaPDF SDK or novaPDF OEM.
AlanOfOhio

Sample code problems.

Post by AlanOfOhio »

I've installed the novaPDF SDK and downloaded the VB6 and C# samples. I can not get either one to run or compile. For the VB6 sample (HelloWorld) it is getting an "-707133416:Automation error" right after the first line of the program

pNova.Initialize2 PRINTER_NAME, "", "", "" .

In the Project->References it shows "novaPI 7.6 Type Library".

So then I tried the C# sample. I deleted the Reference to the nova lib since it was version 6. I then add the reference to novapiLib that was shown in the 'Add References' list. When I compile all the nova.... statements fail (error CS0103: The name 'nova' does not exist in the current context).

I have the following at the top of the file:
// the novapiLib package must be added as a COM reference
using nova;
using novapiLib;

Is there some other package I should add?
I assume maybe I'm missing the "nova" package?
I am very new to C#.
After installing I rebooted my PC. I have on XP Service Pack 3, 32bit.

Thanks for any hints or help...
Alan

AlanOfOhio

Re: Sample code problems.

Post by AlanOfOhio »

All,
I looked closer at the VB6 sample code and the help files, the printer name is referencing the 'nova SDK V6' instead of the 'nova SDK V7' printer, so the VB6 code run ok. I change the printer name in the C# code, but it still generates an error during compile.
C:\temp\Hello_World_CSharp\Hello_World_CSharp\Samples\C#\Hello World\Class1.cs(6,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'nova' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I will continue to look through the help.

AlanOfOhio

Re: Sample code problems.

Post by AlanOfOhio »

The C# compiles ok and runs ok. So never mind, I thought the samples were supposed to run as written, but perhaps some code that was supposed to be comments got left in as real code.
thanks. no replies are needed...